The rub­ber hand grips on my trusty D300s are worn and faded. Is there any way of ren­o­vat­ing them?

NPhoto - - Nik Pedia - Mal­colm Ross, via email

Ja­son says... Nikon’s UK ser­vice depart­ment told us that a com­plete set of re­place­ment rub­ber grips for the D300s costs around £45 in­clud­ing postage, for you to re­place them your­self. Or you could send your cam­era to the ser­vice cen­tre in Kingston, and they’d do the whole job for you, at a charge of around £70 for parts and labour.

You can buy ‘body ar­mour’ for your Nikon, which fits over the body as a pro­tec­tive shell, but this will make it more bulky. Some com­pa­nies also make sil­i­cone shells that are sleeker than ar­mour, but re­plac­ing the ex­ist­ing grips is the best idea.

A re­place­ment set of rub­ber grips can make an age­ing cam­era look like new again

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.