House fire kills three dogs in Dar­win’s north

NT News - - NEWS - LAU­REN ROBERTS

THREE dogs have been killed by a blaze which ripped through a house in Malak.

Emer­gency ser­vices were called to the Malak Cres house at 1.30pm yes­ter­day af­ter re­ports of a struc­ture fire.

Sta­tion Man­ager Aaron Perry told me­dia the fire was con­tained in a sin­gle room but the house suf­fered ex­ten­sive dam­age.

“The dam­age caused by the heat and smoke is com­pre­hen­sive,” he said.

The res­i­dents of the unit, on the cor­ner of McMil­lans Rd and Malak Cres, were not home at the time of the in­ci­dent. The cause of the fire was still un­der in­ves­ti­ga­tion.

There was no dam­age to the at­tached unit.

Last month, a 4m pet croc was lucky to sur­vive a house fire in Fan­nie Bay.

Owner He­len Har­i­tos and part­ner Brian Dal­lis­tan weren’t home at the time.

Their son and his blue heeler Pup­son es­caped safely.

Fire­fight­ers said it ap­peared an iron had been left on and had sparked the blaze.

Pic­ture: JUSTIN KENNEDY

Fire­fight­ers were un­able to save three dogs from a Malak blaze yes­ter­day

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.