How to select the ideal outdoor watch
When it comes to choosing the right outdoor watch to suit you, you first need to consider what it is you want to use it for – where, how and why. There are a lot of different types of watch out there in the marketplace, so you want to ensure you do your research first.
Here are our top 6 tips for finding the ideal watch:
1. You want to find a watch that is reliable and durable. It needs to withstand all types of weather and terrain, all kinds of activity, and you probably want to get a brand that is well known, with a quality reputation. The last thing you need when you’re out on an adventure is for your GPS tracking watch to fail!
2. Check the cost. If you want the best, you can’t work on a tight budget. High quality watches will cost you a bit, but they are far more worth it in the long run. For under $150 you’ll still be able to find a watch that offers fitness trackers; but of course the more you spend, the better the features you’ll get.
3. You definitely want a watch face that is scratch proof. Whether you’re out on the water kayaking, running through the mountains, or skiing down the slopes, you want to know your watch is safe from damage. If you can avoid it, don’t get a crystal, plastic or glass cover on it.
4. One of the best things about modern watches is finding those that have glow-in-the-dark hands or backing lights. This is great if you’re out camping because it means you’ll still be able to check the time, the GPS, or any of the other features on your watch.
5. If water sports are a big thing on your list of fun, you have to make sure your watch is water resistant or water proof. You need resistance of at least 10 metres – but there are plenty that offer 100 metres of protection. Remember that water resistant isn’t the same as water proof, so if you’re planning on taking your watch deep sea diving, make sure you check the quality of protection.
6. Consider the features you want to include. Do you need a GPS, or do you just want to tell the time? In the world of modern technology the options are truly endless when it comes to finding a watch to suit you. Track your distance, monitor your heart rate, listen to music (yes, that’s right! Listening to music from your watch is possible!) … there are so many little features that you can choose from to ensure you have a great adventure.
When it comes to choosing a watch for your next adventure, why settle for anything less than the best?
Imagine if you could get a watch that is not only stylish, but that is also water proof, offers the long battery life you need, and is jam packed with loads of features that you can enjoy for every activity you plan on doing. What if we told you that YOU CAN! Still don’t believe us?
Check this out. This is the Tomtom Adventurer GPS Outdoor Watch, and it is the watch that literally has it ALL and much more!!
The Tomtom Adventurer is your ideal companion, spotter, and pacer when it comes to exploring the great outdoors, and everything in between. This watch tracks your outdoor adventures like trail-running, hiking, skiing, and snowboarding, in addition to run, cycling, swim and gym modes. Offering live stats on the go, including altitude, 3D distance, ascent, gradient, pace and calories burned (and that’s not all!).
You can also track your pulse without a chest strap using the built-in heart rate monitor and add a soundtrack to your adventures with the built-in music player that can store over 500 songs. Just take your Bluetooth headphones.
The trail exploration feature in the watch lets you discover new routes with the confidence to always find your way back. And on top of that, sync, store and share your stats with the Tomtom Mysports companion app, or any of your favourite apps like Strave, Nikeplus, or Endomondo.
Here are some of the biggest benefits:
Built for the Wild Built tough enough to stand up to all your outdoor adventures. Designed stylish enough for everyday.
Rugged Strap Design Your watch will stay protected with the raised bezel to protect the watch face when you are on the mountain.
Water Resistant to 40m (5ATM) Throw yourself into all weather conditions. Measure your lap times in the pool, take on the rapids or cool off in a lake.
5 Heart Rate Training Zones Whether you’re trying to burn fat or maximise cardio performance, get results faster by training in 5 different heart rate zones.
Audio Performance Feedback Push yourself with audio feedback on your performance.
24/7 Activity Tracking Capture your heart rate, steps, active minutes, and calories burned throughout the day.
Race Mode Select one of your past performance to race against.
Interval Training Improve speed and fitness with custom work-rest sessions.
Long Battery Life With over 10 hours of power on all sports modes, and over 20 hours in Hiking Mode, the battery stays the course as long as you do.
Automatic Sleep Tracking Track your sleep patterns and know if you’re getting the sleep you need.