A MEDICAL incident of the veterinarian kind has seen a whopping 25 tennis balls removed from the stomach of a dog.
The seven-year-old doberman from Sunderland in the UK, named Stella, was taken to the vet when her owner noticed she was not eating with her characteristic appetite.
An operation ensued and the surgeon found her stomach contained enough balls for a tennis tournament.
Most had been chewed, but amazingly one had even been swallowed whole.
Stella’s owner said she was recovering well, adding “she’s bounced back quite quickly”.
EMERGENCY workers evacuated a school in the USA last week, after a strange smell led to hazmat crews being called.
Students and teachers at the Cristo Rey Jesuit High School reported the unusual odour, and in a “better safe than sorry” approach issued an alert.
After an investigation the crews discovered that the source of the smell was in fact a “pumpkin spice” flavoured air freshener which had been placed near an air conditioning intake.
Pumpkin Spice is a popular fragrance around this time of year in the lead-up to Halloween.