Don’t light a match

Port Douglas & Mossman Gazette - - NEWS -

CON­STRUC­TION work­ers at the Coles devel­op­ment caused a gas leak last Thurs­day af­ter they hit the main gas line on Warner St. The coun­cil em­ploy­ees were dig­ging a trench to in­stall a wa­ter main for the new build­ing when the gas line was rup­tured. The gas was quickly shut down and emer­gency crews were on the scene un­til it was de­clared safe. The line has since been re­paired.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.