Parents’ nightmare a warning of grog danger
I AM a resident of Port Douglas and have been here off and on for the last 16 years.
I had an experience last Saturday night that I would never want to go through again, nor my 14-year-old son who was involved.
Firstly I would like to thank the staff at Mossman hospital for their kindness, understanding and patience in regard to the care of my son. They are amazing. The couple in Sandpiper St who cared for him in the interim and did not even know who he was, and the Port Douglas police who followed the incident through and made the community aware of the seriousness of this case, I am indebted to you all.
My son was involved in an alcohol-related party and could have lost his life.
He was not experienced with alcohol and was unconscious for four hours.
He could have died or had brain damage with the amount he had consumed.
I would like to point out to those that supplied these younger people with the alcohol that if the consequences had been worse, it would have fallen back on them, with serious charges.
No parent would ever want to see their child in this way.
Thank you also to his friends that did look after him and rang so I was aware and got there to help him.
Thank you to Rob who guided and helped me through this all.