Lagoon shame game
THE recent decision by Council exhibits a lack of honesty in approving the Port Douglas Lagoon Pool’s location to be the most feasible if built by St Mary’s By the Sea church.
Judge for yourself the figures realised in their Consultation Report were as follows: 13 per cent out of 200 (telephone), and 13 per cent out of 126 (online) voted for their ’preferred location’ at St Mary’s church. This means that out of the 326 persons surveyed, only 42 people voted for that location. What happened to the remaining 87 per cent of voters?
The report also contradicts the Infrastructure Services Meeting which was on August 17, which states that this 13 per cent concluded that the preferred location was Location 4 (by the church), which clearly is NOT the truth.
Based on a scoring and ranking against multiple factors it is clearly evident that the report-makers have twisted the results by making false claims to Council.
I wonder if anyone in Council checked the bogus figures relating to this community process before approving the location of the pool. Why would the reports have been in total contradiction of each other?
The community must take note that the false figures concluding the most feasible location was by St Mary’s church, was incorrect. What is correct is that the State Government will now fund the pool on the basis of Cairns Regional Council’s deception to Government.