Fire in­ves­ti­gated

Port Douglas & Mossman Gazette - - NEWS -

ER­GON En­ergy have in­ves­ti­gated the cause of the fire to the junc­tion box that caused a power out­age, strand­ing a man in an el­e­va­tor of an ad­ja­cent re­sort. Er­gon said a fus­ing switch within the pil­lar had mal­func­tioned, with the cause be­lieved to be re­lated to wet con­di­tions at the time. The mal­func­tion had caused dam­age to ca­bles within the pil­lar and sub­se­quent dam­age to ca­ble in a nearby pad­mount trans­former. Er­gon said a num­ber of cus­tomers had sup­ply in­ter­rupted while re­pairs were made to both de­vices.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.