Maintenance works start at Rocky Pt ramp
THE Department of Transport and Main Roads has started maintenance works at Rocky Point boat ramp.
Works started this week and will take about three weeks to complete, weather permitting. The works are in response to feedback from ramp users and includes:
• Restoring the profile of the existing groyne using 300kg rock
• Installing 3 tonne rock armour
• Grouting the rock shoul- der on northern side of ramp
• Installation of kerb units on northern side of ramp
• Removal of loose rock adjacent to ramp
The maintenance work on the groyne will restore it to its design specification and pro- vide better protection
Grouting the northern side of the ramp will make it easier to walk on, and safer to launch and retrieve boats.
There are no planned closures of the facility, but ramp users should expect minor dis- ruptions while crews are
Alternative public ramps are available at: • Newell (Rankin Street) • Daintree Township • Lower Daintree • Port Douglas Avenue) boat (Ashford