Snake snags man in Port
A 41-year-old man visiting Port Douglas from Melbourne has figured out the hard way why you shouldn’t take photos in the dark. The man got between nature when he was trying to take a photo of a green tree frog. He felt a painful sensation on his foot and realised he was bitten by a snake. Ambulance attended the scene and transported the man to Mossman Hospital but he was soon transferred to Cairns for regular blood tests. The species of snake is unknown but it’s believed to be non-venomous.