Port Douglas & Mossman Gazette - - NEWS -

Deb­bie had to go out, so she left a few cold pies in the oven. All the folks at home had to do was heat them at the right time. She’d put a tea towel over them. How­ever a vis­i­tor, be­ing help­ful, turned on the oven at meal­time, and af­ter a while, as ev­ery­one lazed around in the pool, the smell of some­thing burn­ing was in­escapable. With tongs they pulled the smoul­der­ing tea towel out of the oven and tossed it in the sink. No­tice to res­i­dents – please don’t burn down Deb­bie’s house.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.