OVERLAND CORNER HOTEL
This National Trust-owned property sits on the banks of the Murray, about 45 kilometres west of Renmark. It began life in 1859, serving thirsty drovers (and fugitives – the bushranger Captain Moonlite drank here) before becoming a general store and post office. Today, it’s serving beer once again
– as well as saltbush lamb shanks, historical displays and tales of resident ghosts.