Spring Has Sprung
With springtime buds galloping towards the summer growing season, we decided to look at words related to forward movement and progress. See how much headway you can make, then proceed to the next page for answers.
1. expedite v. – A: speed along. B: diversify. C: transport.
2. catalyst n. – A: great leap. B: milestone. C: agent of change.
3. amelioration n. – A: improvement. B: groundbreaking idea. C: executive decision.
4. fructify v. – A: branch out. B: skyrocket. C: bear fruit.
5. instigate v. – A: incite. B: set goals. C: enact as law.
6. synergy n. – A: enthusiasm for change. B: combined action. C: lack of drive.
7. watershed n. – A: sudden loss. B: turning point. C: reserve of strength.
8. precipitately adv. – A: very cautiously. B: sequentially. C: with reckless haste.
9. entrepreneur n. – A: gatekeeper. B: business starter. C: social climber.
10. stratagem n. – A: level of success. B: smooth move. C: clever plan.
11. aggrandise v. – A: enlarge the scope. B: inspire with words. C: transform.
12. vaticinate v. – A: steer to completion. B: predict the future. C: become holier.
13. avant-garde adj. – A: fearless. B: on the leading edge. C: well-planned.
14. incremental adj. – A: timesaving. B: step-by-step. C: using brain waves.
15. propagate v. – A: encourage. B: prosper. C: spread.