JESSICA’S NYC SOURCE LIST
1. What’s your favourite, local interior store? “ABC Carpet & Home on Broadway [Abchome.com].” 2. Where did you find your furniture?
“A lot of the pieces are hand-me-downs. Some of the nicer, classic stuff was my father’s, and Simon has made a lot of the furniture including the bed, bedroom shelf and benches. We also have a few Ikea pieces too.”
3. Do you visit flea markets?
“Yes, mainly upstate and in Pennsylvania
– you find better prices outside of the city.”
4. What’s your fave interior space in your neighbourhood? “Loosie Rouge bar and Loosie’s Kitchen restaurant in Williamsburg [Loosierouge.com]. They have an interesting decor that’s both laidbackWest-Coast-meets-East-Coast and imaginative. They have a great little outdoor space that we really admire, and delicious food of course.”
5. Where do you get your plants from?
“My favourite shops in the neighborhood are Sprout and Jungle. I’ve also propagated from friends’ plants and some of the big ones I grew from little babies. The conditions in the loft are so perfect for them; they grow incredibly fast and well.”