Rubbish pile not all our fault: residents
A DOUGLAS Street resident says not all the rubbish on a verge on Lawler Street comes from the Douglas Street unit block as other people from the neighbourhood have been adding to the pile.
The resident of the units, who didn’t want to be named, rang the Gazette in response to the article Rubbish dumped on roadside, published last week.
She said some of the residents had mental health issues, which were managed, and didn’t have family around, but they had a wonderful relationship with Access Housing, who manage the units.
She described as an “insult” a suggestion that they erect a sign warning that dumping rubbish was illegal.
The resident said they were simply preparing for a City of South Perth hard waste collection, due on November 3.
“If the City of South Perth doesn’t want us to put rubbish out this early, they should say so, because nobody wants to get fined,” she said.
Last week, the City of South Perth said they would not comment on the issue.