Traf­fic and Park­ing In­for­ma­tion

Southern Gazette (South Perth) - - CITY OG SOUTH PERTH PENINSULA SNAPSHOT -

Or­ange Area Re­stricted Ac­cess (see map)

Roads will be closed from 10am-10.30pm on 26 Jan­uary 2016 (ex­cept for Way Road, with 8am clo­sure). No street, verge or cross­over park­ing will be per­mit­ted dur­ing this time. Res­i­dents can en­ter via the points marked on the map.The fol­low­ing FAQ’s are for those re­sid­ing in the Or­ange Area (see map above).

Can I park on my pri­vate prop­erty? Yes.You do not need a spe­cial per­mit to park on your pri­vate prop­erty (drive­way or car­port). You can en­ter the area by pre­sent­ing a valid driver’s li­cense list­ing your cur­rent ad­dress. If your driver’s li­cense is reg­is­tered at an­other ad­dress, please pro­vide a util­ity bill as proof of ad­dress. I live in a sin­gle res­i­den­tial prop­erty and I don’t have pri­vate park­ing space - do I need a per­mit? Yes.You need a Res­i­dent Verge Per­mit to park on the verge in front of your prop­erty. If you park on the cross­over in front of your prop­erty, this is con­sid­ered part of the verge and you will need a verge per­mit to park there. I ex­pect vis­i­tors on Aus­tralia Day – where can my vis­i­tors park? If you have park­ing space avail­able on your pri­vate prop­erty, you can ap­ply for a Vis­i­tor Ac­cess Per­mit for your guests, em­ploy­ees etc. Please note that this per­mit does not al­low them to park on a verge (in­clud­ing your cross­over) or street. I re­quire a care provider on Aus­tralia Day – where can my carer park? Should you have a care provider sched­uled to visit on Aus­tralia Day 2016, please con­tact the City dur­ing busi­ness hours on 9474 0777 to ar­range a spe­cial per­mit.

How to Ap­ply for Your Verge Per­mit

To ob­tain a Res­i­dent Verge Per­mit you must re­side in the Or­ange Area, in a sin­gle res­i­den­tial prop­erty (this does not ap­ply to multi storey prop­er­ties and unit com­plexes), and your ve­hi­cle must be reg­is­tered to your ad­dress. If your ve­hi­cle is not reg­is­tered to your ad­dress (e.g. peo­ple driv­ing a work car), please pro­vide proof that links your ve­hi­cle to your ad­dress (e.g. let­ter from em­ployer). A copy of your ve­hi­cle’s reg­is­tra­tion (show­ing cur­rent ad­dress or ad­di­tional proof) must be for­warded along with the com­pleted per­mit ap­pli­ca­tion form. Per­mit ap­pli­ca­tion forms can be ob­tained from the Civic Cen­tre, Cnr Sandgate St and South Tce, South Perth, via email en­quiries@south­ or phone 9474 0777 to re­quest to have an ap­pli­ca­tion form mailed out to you.

Pink Area Re­stricted Park­ing (see map)

Any­one can ac­cess this area but park­ing is re­stricted to main­tain suf­fi­cient ac­cess for emer­gency ve­hi­cles. Res­i­dents or guests that or­di­nar­ily park on the road or verge (this in­cludes your cross­over), must ob­serve the tem­po­rary park­ing signs.To find out if your street is af­fected please re­fer to the map.

ACROD and Bi­cy­cle Park­ing

There are three park­ing ar­eas for peo­ple with dis­abil­ity/ACROD per­mits. • In­side the Cel­e­bra­tion Zone (off Mill

Point Rd op­po­site For­rest St) • Coode St Car Park (end of Coode St) • Hurling­ham Rd Car Park (end of

Hurling­ham Rd) A valid ACROD per­mit must be dis­played to gain ac­cess into the ac­cess re­stricted ar­eas (en­ter­ing via the points marked on the map). Bi­cy­cle park­ing is avail­able in­side the Cel­e­bra­tion Zone (see map). Don’t for­get to bring a bike lock.

Free Event Trans­port Ser­vice

To fa­cil­i­tate ac­cess to the City of South Perth Cel­e­bra­tion Zone, the City will be pro­vid­ing a free shut­tle ser­vice be­tween the Ge­orge Bur­nett Leisure Cen­tre (GBLC) (Man­ning Rd, Cnr Elderfield Rd, Karawara), the City of South Perth Civic Cen­tre (Cnr Sandgate St and South Tce, South Perth) and the event zone. The shut­tle buses will run ap­prox­i­mately ev­ery 10 min­utes back and forth be­tween 2-9.30pm, but not dur­ing the fire­works (7.30-8.30pm). Both GBLC and the Civic Cen­tre are eas­ily ac­ces­si­ble from the Kwinana Free­way and have am­ple park­ing fa­cil­i­ties.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.