Pav­il­ion fire due to elec­tri­cal fault

Southern Gazette (South Perth) - - NEWS -

AN elec­tri­cal fire has caused ex­ten­sive dam­age to the WCG Thomas Pav­il­ion in Richard­son Park.

Emer­gency ser­vices were called to at­tend the fire on Jan­uary 25.

The fire was be­lieved to have started in the roof by an elec­tri­cal fault and caused ex­ten­sive dam­age to the bar, kitchen, meet­ing and so­cial ar­eas of the Pav­il­ion while other ar­eas were af­fected by smoke.

The City of South Perth se­cured the build­ing, boarded en­tries and cov­ered the dam­aged roof.

Con­tin­gency plans have com­menced to as­sess and re­con­struct the build­ing with a pro­ject ar­chi­tect and it has been con­firmed the dam­age will be cov­ered by in­sur­ance.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.