Get featured on next week’s front page! #snapperth
BEAUTY may be in the eye of the beholder for some, but when it comes to Perth, the scenery of our amazing city really does lend itself to some amazing photography.
We've listed our top 10 places to take a photograph as part of #snapperth in no particular order:
1. Kings Park With its sweeping views of the river and cityscape, you cannot go wrong taking a photograph from Kings Park. Pick any spot along Fraser Avenue to give you an amazing shot; but make sure you check out the Bali memorial, the war memorial, the lookout and the Lotterywest Federation Walkway.
2. Zig Zag Scenic Drive If you really want to see what the urban sprawl of Perth looks like from above, make your way along the scenic drive at Kalamunda on a clear day or a clear night. This spot is the best place to see what our beautiful city looks like between the Hills and the coast.
3. Araluen Botanical Gardens, Roleystone Take a drive to Araluen Botanic Park early in spring and check out the incredible rainbow of colours from the newly-bloomed tulips.
4. Penguin Island If you want a slice of paradise featuring crystal clear waters and white sand, make your way to Shoalwater Marine Park. You can take tours across to Penguin Island or you can stroll around the coastline and get some magnificent snaps.
5. Pinnaroo Valley Memorial Park While this is a much more sombre location, the natural surrounds and resident kangaroos make for some great photography.
6. Avon Valley Head east along the Great Eastern Highway in spring and you will be treated to the simply stunning yellow burst of colour from the canola crops that cover the land.
7. Mandurah Jetty A short walk down Marco Polo Drive, this jetty is a beautiful centrepiece for any photographer, surrounded by the waters of the marina. Great to photograph during the day or in the evening.
8. Rottnest Island Take a ride around the island and take your pick of photography subjects. From the quokkas to the beautiful bays filled with crystal-clear water, there is plenty here.
9. Cottesloe Beach Whether it's the iconic pylon, the beautiful waters or the incredible view looking back from the beach, Cottesloe is one of the most stunning beaches in Perth.
10. Joondalup Resort From the stunning architecture to the perfectly-curated rolling greens of the golf course, the landscaping here is quite simply breathtaking.