NOT MINCING WORDS
Cooking: 45 minutes
Serves: 6 15 INGREDIENTS 3 tablespoons olive oil
1 brown finely chopped
1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
1 celery trimmed, chopped
2 garlic sliced finely 500g beef mince 2 x 375g bottles of tomato sauce (passata)
2 x sprigs of rosemary 1 sprig of thyme A handful of fresh basil for sauce and to serve 500g spaghetti Parmesan cheese, shaved, to serve onion, stick, finely cloves, METHOD 1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic, stirring until softened.
Add mince and cook until browned.
2. Add tomato sauce, rosemary, thyme, some basil and bring to the boil before reducing heat to low. Simmer without lid until thick and season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, then drain.
4. Take a couple of spoonfuls of sauce and place in empty pasta saucepan then place pasta and mix sauce to coat evenly.
5. Divide pasta among serving bowls and spoon a generous amount of sauce on top of coated pasta.
6. Serve topped with shaved parmesan cheese and fresh basil. COOKING TIPS Completing step 4 ensures each string of pasta is evenly coated and deliciously saucy with every bite.
NOTHING says comfort food more than a beautiful plate of spaghetti bolognese. And with the cool weather lingering, why not whip up this hearty favourite for a delicious and quick family meal?