1. The kookaburra is the largest member of which bird family?
2. What is tasseomancy: the art of tea leaf reading, the preparation of goatskins for drums or an operation for ingrown toenails?
3. What would you expect in a pluvial region?
4. Which was the first British pop group to tour China: Wings, Wham! or Westlife?
5. If you are born in January, what is your birthstone?
6. What is the beetle called in a poem in A.A. Milne’s Now We Are Six?
7. What is a blank page at the beginning or end of a book?
8. Giving his name to January, which Roman god guarded doorways, passages and beginnings?