PREP 20 MINS, COOK 20 MINS, 4 SERVINGS, EASY INGREDIENTS
● 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to drizzle
● 3 free-range gluten-free bacon rashers, sliced
● 2 large desiree potatoes, scrubbed, cut into 1cm pieces
● 1 leek, thinly sliced ● 1 red onion, finely chopped ● 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped ● 3 zucchini, thinly sliced
● 750ml (3 cups) good-quality gluten-free chicken stock
● 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
● 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
● 1-2 lemons, juiced
● Shaved parmesan, to serve ● fresh celery, to serve ● continental parsley leaves, to serve
1 Heat half the oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Add the bacon, potato, leek, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until soft and golden.
2 Add the zucchini and remaining oil. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until light golden.
3 Add the stock and cook for 5 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Add the borlotti beans and chickpeas. Stir in the lemon juice to taste. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes to warm through. Season. Ladle the minestrone among serving bowls. Drizzle over extra oil and top with parmesan and celery or parsley leaves to serve.