SIX LESSONS WE LEARNT FROM... Royal tours
1. By sending Kate and Wills to Canada with two adorable toddlers and a $100,000 travel wardrobe, the Royal Family has breathed new life into the Overseas Tour.
2. The Queen devised the now-customary “walkabout” on her 1970 trip to Australia, and to date no one’s done more for the fruit-shop gerbera trade.
3. Charles was met by a crowd of 200,000 in Melbourne when he and Diana visited in 1983. But he barely filled the cheap seats when he came alone in 1994.
4. On a tour of the US in 2011, a just-married Kate managed to make even A-lister Reese Witherspoon look a touch… ordinary.
5. Princess Diana’s solo visit to the Taj Mahal was the royal-tour equivalent of a relationship-status update. They split up 10 months later. .
6. Having won over Canada, word is George e and Charlotte are off-duty for the foreseeable future. Sigh.