SIX LESSONS WE LEARNT FROM... Genderbending remakes
1. Role-reversal is the latest script device, with Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock (right) taking over from Clooney and co in the Ocean’s franchise.
2. From Bridesmaids to Ghostbusters, female-led comedies have become more common. Which explains transporting drunken antics from Vegas in The Hangover to the grocery store in this year’s Bad Moms.
3. Now that Daniel Craig has handed in his notice, rumour has it we’ll next meet Bond. Jane Bond.
4. Gillian Anderson, Angelina Jolie and Emilia Clarke are among those who have volunteered to play 007.
5. According to Variety, Channing Tatum will star in a remake of 1984’s Splash, playing a merman.
6. How long till Hollywood asks: “But can men be funny?”