serves / 4 cook / 30 min 1 large banana, ripe
1 tbsp honey
1 egg yolk
3 egg whites, at room temperature
1 tbsp caster sugar, plus extra for ramekins Unsalted butter for greasing TO SERVE: Icing sugar Whipped cream
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Prepare four ramekins by brushing them with melted butter all the way to the rims and then dust with caster sugar. Shake out any excess sugar.
2. Blend the banana, honey and egg yolk in a small food processor till it forms a smooth mixture. Pour this mixture into a mixing bowl.
3. Using a mixer, whisk the egg whites in a clean, dry bowl till they’re foamy. Add the caster sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
4. Spoon one third of the egg whites into the banana mixture and gently fold through till combined. Repeat with the rest of the egg whites until everything is just combined.
5. Divide the mixture between the ramekins and place them on a baking tray. Smooth out the tops of the mixture with a knife and run your finger around the inside rim of each ramekin.
6. Bake in the oven for 12–15 minutes or till the souffles have risen and are golden brown on top. Dust with icing sugar and place a dollop of cream on top and serve immediately. australianeggs.org.au