Toi­let fire bill tops $30k

The Advertiser - - NEWS -

A SUS­PI­CIOUS fire in the toi­let block of a south­ern sub­urbs shop­ping cen­tre has caused more than $30,000 dam­age af­ter the sprin­kler sys­tem en­gaged and caused ex­ten­sive wa­ter dam­age.

Emer­gency ser­vices were called to a bowl­ing al­ley at Mar­ion Shop­ping Cen­tre just af­ter 10.30am yes­ter­day. A fire in a toi­let stall in the men’s bath­room caused smoke dam­age but sprin­klers caused most of the dam­age.

In an­other in­ci­dent yes­ter­day, a house was de­stroyed by fire at Goolwa Beach, caus­ing more than $100,000 dam­age.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.