Working with horses
AT Leading Edge Life Skills, our fun and interactive youth programs are specifically designed to ensure the learning and retention of necessary life skills to aid each child’s personal growth. It is a unique approach with the horses – not humans – being the teacher.
Our programs offer more than just a fun day out of the classroom. They are a powerful journey of teaching, learning and understanding.
We offer a range of programs that can be tailored in content, structure and duration to meet the specific development needs of primary and secondary school students.
• Skill Development Programs for all children and young adults, 8 years and over, focusing on developing a range of core leadership and life skills.
• Young Leader Programs for those in leadership roles or demonstrating leadership potential, at school, in sports teams or in other extra-curricular activities.
• Transitions Programs for primary school students preparing to move to secondary school and young adults transitioning from school to further studies or the work place.
• Youth at Risk Programs for young people facing challenges in their lives and students identified as at risk of disengagement. Programs promote self-esteem, integrity, leadership, accountability and teamwork.
• Anti-bullying Programs for children and young adults. Designed to teach communication, assertiveness, teamwork and inclusion in a neutral, non-threatening environment. Our programs are based on the Equine Assisted Learning (EAL) model, with proven success in learning and retention for our participants in a fun and effective way.
We have worked with a number of schools, both primary and secondary, and youth organisations and the positive changes we see in participants following their interaction with the horses is incredible!
In addition, Leading Edge Life Skills is the only Australian company qualified by the Academy of Equine Assisted Learning to offer the Equine Connection Building Block™ Facilitator Course to train and certify new facilitators.
You can find more information on Equine Assisted Learning (EAL) and our skill building programs on our website ( www.leadingedgelifeskills.com.au).
Horses have natural ‘herd behaviours’, that require trust, respect and teamwork from students.