TASTY CATCH OF THE DAY
An aromatic blend of spices makes this easy chargrilled swordfish taste sensational
CHARGRILLED SWORDFISH WITH GRAPE, ALMOND & BARLEY SALAD SERVES: 4
● 1 1/4 cups (280g) pearl barley, rinsed ● Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon ● 2 tsp dried Italian herbs ● 100ml olive oil ● 4 x 220g swordfish fillets ● 1 1/2 tbs red wine vinegar ● 225g red seedless grapes, halved ● 1/2 cup (80g) roasted almonds, chopped ● 1/3 cup (60g) currants, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes, drained ● 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked ● 2 celery stalks, chopped
1. Cook barley in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 25-30 minutes until tender. Drain, then set aside to cool.
2. Combine lemon zest, 1 tsp Italian herbs and 2 tbs oil in a bowl. Season, add the swordfish and turn to coat, then set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
3. To make the dressing, whisk vinegar, lemon juice and remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) oil together, season and set aside.
4. Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to high. Cook swordfish for 3 minutes each side or until just cooked. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine barley, grapes, almonds, currants, parsley, celery and remaining 1 tsp Italian herbs. Drizzle over dressing and toss to combine.
6. Serve salad topped with swordfish.