1. In the Cinderella fairy tale, which animals were changed into horses?
2. Which country has the most Portuguese speakers (a) Brazil (b) Mozambique (c) Portugal?
3. Canadian tennis star Eugenie Bouchard recently said that which Russian is a cheater and should not have been allowed to return to playing?
4. British Prime Minister Theresa May has an Oxford degree in (a) geography (b) nuclear physics (c) surveying?
5. The 1965 movie The Sound of Music was set in which country?
6. Beginning with “f”, what is the American hyphenated term for “thong”?
7. Which country recently decided to end its rape allegations against Julian Assange?
8. Which A-League club was recently fined more than $17,000 for failing to provide adequate “international buffet style” meals to five referees and a match official during AFC Champions League matches? 9. SoCo is an abbreviation for which drink? 10. Who recently married James Matthews in the village of Englefield, England?
11. The NRL recently announced a plan to give each club how much for a “good behaviour fund”?
12. Most reptiles have how many heart chambers (a) three (b) five (c) seven?
13. Is the troposphere or stratosphere further from the earth?
14. Which stroke is swum first in an Olympic individual medley?
15. The letters DFAT, a federal government department, stand for what? 16. Yarra is in which Australian state/territory? 17. The Nine Network dumped which show after more than 1000 episodes in the early 1990s?
18. Who has held the record for most career Ashes runs for over half the time Australia-England Test matches have been played?
19. At which major New York intersection was one person killed and more than 20 others injured by a car speeding on the footpath recently?
20. “They’re not his shoes under your bed, yeah yeah. He’ll take you places in his car,” are lyrics from which song?
21. Which former deputy prime minister said that his single mother raised him with “three great faiths – the Catholic Church, South Sydney Football Club and Labor” and that he had remained faithful to the latter two?
22. What is the term for pairs of human body ligaments arranged like the letter “x”?
23. How many medals did the Australian equestrian team win at the 2016 Olympics?
24. What is the term for the group of businesses providing goods and services for elderly people?
25. Which Australian capital city’s international airport is in the suburb of Marrara?