Bathing has never been so beautiful
VICTORIA + ALBERT marketing director, Jonathan Carter, gives his top five reasons to make the switch to a freestanding bath:
1. Architectural feature: a freestanding bath is a standout feature and adds architectural interest, whether you opt for a classical claw foot tub, or a sculptural modern soaking tub.
2. Space considerations: when space is at a premium, it makes no sense to box the space in with a built in bath. Opting for a freestanding bath opens up wall and floor space, brings in light and gives the bathroom the illusion of being larger. Freestanding baths come in a variety of sizes. The Vetralla is V+A’s smallest freestanding bath at just 1493mm in length.
3. The boutique look: increasingly, homeowners are looking to boutique hotels to create a luxury look. Freestanding baths are very much associated with luxury hotel environments, and investing in a luxury look adds real value to the home. For every $1 invested in a luxurious bathroom, you can expect to see a $1.50 return in the resell value.
4. A piece of furniture: a freestanding bath isn’t constrained to the bathroom – it can create a beautiful centrepiece in a bedroom scheme. Work with a plumber to see what’s possible.
5. Outdoor bathing: a fun option for a freestanding bath that can’t be achieved with a built in bath is to create an outdoor bathing deck – the ultimate luxury. Victoria + Albert’s QUARRYCAST® material is UV resistant, ensuring it won’t go yellow or crack in the sun. Victoria + Albert is a British company with a reputation for creating beautiful freestanding baths.
It’s time for baths to be free from the wall. Think luxury hotel style, and take the plunge