CREAMY BORLOTTI BEAN AND PASTA SOUP
SERVES 4. PREP 10 MINS. COOK 30 MINS
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 2 carrots, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
• 1 litre vegetable stock
• 400g can diced tomatoes
• 200g dried spiral pasta
• 400g can borlotti beans, drained, rinsed
• ½ cup thickened cream
• 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan
• 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, garlic and rosemary. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add stock and tomatoes. Stir. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
2 Return to the boil over medium-high heat. Stir in pasta. Simmer, covered, stirring often, for 12 to 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add beans and half the cream. Stir to combine.
3 Drizzle soup with remaining cream. Serve topped with parmesan, parsley and pepper.