ONE-PAN GREEK RISONI WITH TUNA
SERVES 4. PREP 10 MINS. COOK 25 MINS
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
• 1 ½ cups dried risoni
• 2 cups chicken stock
• 1/3 cup lemon juice
• 4 fresh oregano sprigs
• 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
• 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
• 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
• 100g reduced-fat fetta, crumbled
1 Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and half the lemon rind. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
2 Add risoni and stir to coat. Add stock, lemon juice, oregano sprigs and 1 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until risoni is tender, adding chickpeas for last 5 minutes of cooking time.
3 Remove from heat. Gently stir in tuna and half the oregano and dill. Serve sprinkled with fetta and remaining lemon rind, oregano and dill.