CHORIZO & THYME CARBONARA
Serves: 4 Prep: 6 minutes Cook: 11 minutes
375g dried pappardelle pasta 2 chorizo, finely chopped 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves 3 eggs, lightly beaten ⅓ cup light thickened cream for cooking ½ cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve ¼ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1) Cook pasta following packet directions until just tender. Drain, reserving half a cup ofcooking liquid. Return pasta to pan over very low heat.
2) Meanwhile, heat a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chorizo, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in thyme. Remove from heat.
3) Whisk egg, cream and parmesan in a jug. Add egg mixture, reserved cooking liquid, half the parsley and half the chorizo to pasta. Toss to combine and heat through. Season with pepper.
4) Serve pasta topped with remaining chorizo and parsley, and extra parmesan. Recipe: Super Food Ideas
Your need: 1kg chicken breast mince; 2 eggs, lightlyhtly beaten; 1 cup breadcrumbs;mbs 2 tsp powdered chicken stock or 2 crumbled stock cubes; 2 tsp cumin; quarter cup chopped chives; 4 cloves garlic, crushed; canola spray for frying.
1) Place all ingredients, except for the canola spray, into a bowl and combine well.
2) Using wet hands, form patties and place on a plate dusted with flour until ready to cook. 3) Spray canola oil in a frying pan over medium heat until hot. Fry rissoles for 3 minutes per side until cooked through. 4) Serve with sweet chilli sauce or a dollop of lime mayonnaise. Recipe: kidspot.com.au