Grey role loses out to family
ASons of Anarchy star Charlie Hunnam CTOR Charlie Hunnam has spoken for the first time since dropping out of the 50 Shades of Grey film earlier this year due to scheduling conflicts.
Hunnam, who stars in the TV show Sons of Anarchy, says he has been busy focusing on his family following the death of his father in May.
‘‘I am doing good. I am just really concentrating on work. It’s been a really busy time,’’ he tells E! Online.
‘‘I had some family stuff going on so I’m just trying to stay focused and stay positive and keep trying to do a good job at work, be with my family and stay positive.’’
Hunnam is working on season six of Sons of Anarchy and he is starting to think about what he will do after the hit FX show ends.
The 33-year-old plans to head home to England but he knows saying goodbye to the cast will be difficult.
‘‘It’s obviously going to be a really emotional time for us,’’ he says.
‘‘We are like a family and have become very, very close to each other so it’s going to be sad and finish up and say goodbye to everyone, but we’ve got like 13, maybe even a few more, episodes.’’
While the separation will be emotional, Hunnam says it comes at the right time. He also makes it clear it’s better to end on a high note.
‘‘There’s rumour that we might do a couple of more episodes and do a little bit of an extended season next year, so we will see if that happens. It may or it may not. But I just want to finish that strong and go on to a new chapter of life,’’ Hunnam says.
Sons of Anarchy: Wednesdays, 9.03pm, One; Sunday to Thursday, various times, Showcase.