Our questions to Grocon - and their responses
● Why haven’t these businesses been paid for their work?
● When will they be paid?
● Will Grocon rule out closing down and/or putting into liquidation its Queensland company?
● Has anyone in the government/police informed Grocon of any threatening emails?
● What else would you like to say about this issue?
Response from public relations agency:
“These issues were covered in detail in Ryan Keen’s article that appeared in the Bulletin on Saturday, with direct quotes from Grocon Chairman Daniel Grollo. Grocon has nothing to add at this stage, because nothing has changed. The business is working to pay subcontractors as soon as possible.”
● Ryan’s article did not mention the threat of violence to (name withheld) – is there no response to that?
● Mr Grollo did not rule out closing down or liquidating Grocon Qld in Ryan’s article – will he do that today?
● “As soon as possible” is not a time frame. Does Grocon anticipate paying people before the end of this week/ month/year?
“Grocon has no comment except to say it has no plans close down or liquidate Grocon Qld.”