ASIAN-STYLE OVENBAKED TAILOR FISH
● 2 whole tailor fish, about 450g each
● 2 tablespoons vegetable or sunflower oil
● 1 tablespoon Masterfoods Sesame Seeds
● 2cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into wafer- thin strips
● 1 red chilli, seeds removed, cut into thin strips
● 1/3 cup (80ml) soy sauce
● 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
● 2 shallots (spring onions), sliced diagonally, to garnish
● Steamed brown rice, to serve
METHOD: Step 1
Preheat the oven to 220°C.
Clean and scale the fish. Make 2 slashes in the thickest part of the fish flesh. Brush a roasting pan with 1 tablespoon of the oil and place fish in the pan. Brush the flesh with remaining oil, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fish are cooked through (the flesh will flake away easily when tested with a fork).
Meanwhile, place the ginger, chilli, soy, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water in a pan. Cook over low heat until the ginger and chilli have started to soften. Place the fish on a large plate and pour the Asian-style dressing over top. Garnish with shallots and serve with rice.