Man dies from brown snake bite
A MAN has died in north-east NSW as the result of a suspected brown snake bite. The 24-year-old was rushed to hospital but died within an hour of being bitten on the finger in a backyard at West Tamworth on Wednesday night, according to Fairfax Media. It is believed the man was bitten hard on the hand when he grabbed the hissing snake from the mouth of his dog, The Australian reports. The man’s frantic mother is reported to have rushed her son to Tamworth hospital, where he died 40 minutes later. Brown snake venom is among the most potent in the world.