Man dies from brown snake bite

The Gympie Times - - NEWS -

A MAN has died in north-east NSW as the re­sult of a sus­pected brown snake bite. The 24-year-old was rushed to hos­pi­tal but died within an hour of be­ing bit­ten on the fin­ger in a back­yard at West Tam­worth on Wed­nes­day night, ac­cord­ing to Fairfax Me­dia. It is be­lieved the man was bit­ten hard on the hand when he grabbed the hiss­ing snake from the mouth of his dog, The Aus­tralian re­ports. The man’s fran­tic mother is re­ported to have rushed her son to Tam­worth hos­pi­tal, where he died 40 min­utes later. Brown snake venom is among the most po­tent in the world.

PHOTO: FLICKR

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.