TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
1. The Equator is along which line of latitude (a) 0 (b) 45 (c) 90 degrees?
2. The international numerical term for normal visual acuity is 6/6 but what is the US equivalent (a) 10/10 (b) 20/20 (c) 30/30?
3. From 1981 to 2011, NASA used the Space Shuttle for how many missions (a) 35 (b) 135 (c) 235?
4. The tennis score 40-all is usually referred to by which term?
5. Supplementary angles add up to how many degrees (a) 90 (b) 180 (c) 360?
6. Who won the 2018 Gold Logie even though his show had been dumped?
7. Borat Sagdiyev was a fake Kazakh journalist played by which English comedian?
8. Monkeybong Creek is in which Australian state/territory?
9. Which country’s football team is known as Les Bleus?
10. “And she’s making me feel like I’ve never been born,” are lyrics from which song?
11. Which state won the 2018 State of Origin series 2-1?
12. Scientists Henrik Dam and Edward Doisy received the 1943 Nobel Prize for Medicine for their pioneering work on which vitamin (a) A (b) K (c) E?
13. Does a scaredy-cat refer to a person who is easily frightened or very dishonest?
14. What is the common five-letter abbreviation for “expatriate”?
15. Did Cate or her younger sister Bronte Campbell win the 100m freestyle at the 2018 Commonwealth Games?
16. Beginning with “s”, what is the five-letter term for the tapering uppermost section of a steeple?
17. Name the motel featured in the 1960 Hitchcock thriller Psycho.
18. Who played Fern Arable in the 2006 movie Charlotte’s Web?
19. In 1988 and 1989, which boxer won the world heavyweight boxing title by defeating opponents in 91 seconds and 93 seconds respectively?
20. Which associate of English folklore hero Robin Hood was expelled from his order of monks because of his lack of respect for authority?
21. Of countries with one-word names, which has the most (13) letters?
22. The name of which musical was based on a pun in the title of a painting by French artist Clovis Trouille?
23. With their song Youngblood, which Sydney rock band recently became the first Australian band in almost two years to have a number one hit on the ARIA singles chart?
24. Which noted Scottish-born inventor’s contribution to the infant aviation industry included a massive kite made of 3393 red silk tetrahedrons?
25. Which Australian holds the record for the highest and second-highest international T20 scores?
1. (a) 0 degrees. 2. (b) 20/20. 3. (b) 135. 4. Deuce. 5. (b) 180 degrees. 6. Grant Denyer. 7. Sacha Baron Cohen. 8. Queensland. 9. France. 10. She Said She
Said. 11. New South Wales. 12. (b) Vitamin K. 13. Easily frightened. 14. Expat. 15. Bronte. 16. Spire. 17. Bates Motel. 18. Dakota Fanning. 19. Mike Tyson. 20. Friar Tuck. 21. Liechtenstein. 22. Oh! Calcutta! 23. 5 Seconds of Summer – 5SOS. 24. Alexander Graham Bell. 25. Aaron Finch. (172, 156).