Campbell Park is an historic estate graced with beautiful grounds and presided over by a grand Scottish baronial manor house which the locals have always called “The Castle”. It was once a boarding school for boys with special needs which explains the number and nature of buildings, including a village of some 30 threebedroom houses that were used by the school’s staff. Seven of these houses have been refurbished and equipped as self-contained accommodation units. Guests bring their own food or take the option of having meals provided by the fabulous local catering company Gumboots and Pearls.
Tours of the castle’s ground floor and adjacent buildings are available to the general public at $5 per head. Bookings essential. Campbell Park is five kilometres off State Highway 83 on Special School Road,
(03) 431 1100, campbellpark.org.