TEXTS TO THE EDITOR
SMS the editor on 0428 634 025 with the word ROCK and a space in front of your message.
● VERTIGO. LSC ratepayers get nothing from the military using 23% of the shire’s land. There is a military exercise on at present. Anyone feeling an economic boom from it? Yet all the big whingers carry on about paid parking at the lagoon or sky high debt? Is that logical? If the community bands together, great outcomes can be achieved. Just needs great leadership LSC Mayor AND Councillors. Unite the community.
● ANON. The sharks are only attacking humans because the humans are eating their food and they have to come into land areas to try to get food it’s nothing personal I’m sure.
● DTOC. I really think it is the outer channel at the Causeway that needs to be dredged. Used to be able to take the kids fishing there and have a chance of catching something decent now you can walk across it at low tide.
● RJR. Went to the pub Saturday with mates to have some bets we always drink can beer cost 40c more for 4cans,Askedhas beer gone up no you now pay for the can your beer is in so when we bring the cans back to the bar do we get the 40c back No u pay the same again,We will take the cans home with us No u cannot take the cans Away from pub,Went out to the bottle shop $3 more for my carton of beer what another ripoff to the public.
● JD R’TON. 100 years since end of The Great war. As we remember the the fallen and Great Battles it’s seems we have been engineered not to pay attention to the politics (Lies and deception) that caused WW1. Indeed back in the day if the soldiers knew the full truth they would had turn their guns against our so called leaders in a heartbeat. It happen 100 years ago what has it got to do with us today you say!. If you do not pay attention to history it shall repeat itself. WW2 Korea Vietnam Iraq Afghanistan and even fictional war on terror (for political gain) has been engineered for their own convenience to keep the population in fear and acceptance. War is when a politician (puppets for ruling elite) will tell you who’s the enemy is, revolution is when you work it out for yourself. Remember the fallen and the returned but don’t let a politician add another generation of nations youth to the list.
● GUNNER (EX BOMBARDIER). With armistice day (rememberance) this sunday,i recall memories of old past comrades from the 1960s,and on reading the queensland rsl magazines last post ,( death notices) section, i realized t ha ti am the solo member left of the foxtrot gun detatchment(7 crew), delta troop,105 field battery,4th field artillery regiment, now all have transfered to the great gun park up above,god bless them all!
● MIKE. The penny just dropped, on reading the amount of money our Queensland government received from coal royalties, I realised why Anastasia and the greens are against Adani. They have found it physically and totally impossible to spend that much money in the south east corner.
● CC INGUNA. I was with a mob of new start people once doing some tax funded work training. The instructor showed us his $400 steelcaps and said we should get a pair. Some of the dudes in the class were coach surfing and paying big rent comparable to their dole for the privilege. I would have preferred boots rather than the training because I found a job and it wasn’t relevant to the training. So it was a tax waste.perhaps small companies could be encouraged to provide decent footwear for a tax cut.?
● ATBS. These politicians are all for new coal mines etc but could not give a stuff about buisness owners who have invested all their hard earned money and time into building up their businesses. This ring road or whatever you want to call it will be a killer and for what? The first three rules of business Position Position Position and that is just what is being taken away.
● GAZ. Dare we celebrate? We seem to be getting a break from all the annoying funeral insurance ads with their pathetic acting. Perhaps they thought they might be next on the Royal Commission list as I’m sure they are dodgy. Rock moose depot hill we think Cricket in Australia is going through turmoil at the moment. West Tigers and Penrith sorted everything out, coaches done and dusted although it cost the Panthers nearly a half million. Just wish the Broncos and the Rabbitohs could sort their crap and just swap because apparently the bunnies players are spitting chips however the Broncos players are tight lipped but must be seething
● COLT. The pollie that wants the sharks culled, only one message for you, lets get rid of some dumb pollies?
● BT. The Rocky bypass will not happen for many, many years. Just because a election is coming up early next year and the prime minister is in campaign mode and is making promises doesn’t mean it’s going to happen in the near future. It is all election hipe. The 4 lanes through Parkhurst ground works has started. Our local federal member wants you to believe that the Gracemere 4 lanes of roadworks is starting next year. It doesn’t all happen that quick or so many big projects happening all at once.
● ANON. Let’s change the somewhat boring discussion of renewables versus coal-fired electricity generation for a moment in time. And let me reminisce the bygone days when electricity supply was affordable for all, or most of us who chose to reside in regional Queensland. When important decisions regarding our electricity supply and consumer costs, were made by experienced, suitably qualified personnel. People who had a working knowledge of not just one facet of the industry but all four; generation, transmission, distribution and retail. Sadly, today our industry has suffered from the interference of, to be kind I guess, well intentioned politicians. And many of the past key decision makers once employed in our electricity supply industry, have been, with respect, replaced I am told by shiny backside paper shufflers; or independent, but Government paid experts. Oh well, it’s time for my afternoon snooze zzzzz.
● BSL. Must be good money in politics if both Palmer and Latham want back in.
● GH, ROCKY. Wonder if the new federal government next year,will fix the Bruce Highway it’s still unsafe,it’s forgotten about just a bandaid gets put on it,nothing gets done properly under the current federal national party.
● LMW WANDAL. Thank goodness for ABC radio otherwise those of us with no Foxtel, a smart tv and unlimited download would have no access to ODI cricket matches. Shame.