Duke well suited to task
Pre pared to gamble on 3. ALOISIA. Very talented filly who g ave nothing else a chance in winning at F lemington at her Australian debut before a luckless third to Capital Gain in the Group 1 JJ Atkins at Doomben in June. Held up for a run at top of the straight but still charged home from well back to be beaten a neck. Think she’s well above average and drawn get a soft run. 6. SANADAAT over raced early after putting herself in the picture on straightening, just ran out of gas in the run home. That was her first in over a month, better suited at the 1400m on this bigger track. No sur prise to see 7. JOYFILL YOURS run well here. Is Group 1 placed in New Zealand and had specking at longer odds when resuming much stronger g rade at Randwick behind For mality. 2. PURE SCOT produced reat closing sectionals when resuming behind Shoals at the Valley and will also welcome ste p up in trip.
Willing to give 2. CLIFF’S EDGE another chance here. Think he can lead from the soft bar rier and his only two wins to date have been when he’s at head of the field. He easily beat Eclair Sunshine and Sebfire when leading at Morphettville two runs back and then drawn wide and had to settle back when down the track behind Royal Symphony last week when Eclair Sunshine and Sebfire filled the placings. He’ll take catching this time around. 1. ESHTIRAAK is class runner. Not far behind Dracarys and Gold Standard on resuming at Randwick and those two horses are live chances in the Group 1 Golden Rose at Rosehill tomor row. Chased hard behind Masculino at the Valley but this bigger track will help him. 6. SUNQUEST has been solid at his last two runs and will be running on well ag ain, while 4. WATCHMESPIN was impressive over this course and distance last star t.
4. ANAHEIM was very good when chasing home hard behind Ebediyin at the Valley a for tnight ago. Forced to make his run long way from home, tracked wide on the bend and still got home strongly to be beaten less than two lengths. Ste p up in trip and the bigger track all to his benefit. 3. EBEDIYIN had all
favours with a char med run but he still had to finish the race off and did it gusto. He too will strip even fitter and is a horse of promise. 11. SIN TO
WIN is ready to win. Looked in a bit trouble when hard ridden on the tur n but still fought back to beat all Spunlago at the Valley. He’ll love the extra 200m here. 8. GOODWILL is an honest for mer impor ted galloper fitter
his first run back and he’ll go well here. Kee ping an eye on 14.
SHERLOCK HOLMES (only one run in two years but very smart) and 5. SPUNLAGO is best of the rest.
4. I DID IT AGAIN does look very hard to beat here. Super impressive on debut when held the fence behind Bandipur to the tur n, railed up strongly and raced clear to win easily here back in July. Was the only horse to break 12s for last 200m of the race after sitting on the speed. Five horses in the beaten brig ade have since gone to win, including last week’s winner Fox Swift. Trialled very well at Cranbour ne earlier this month. Drawn a little awkwardly but only has the one tur n to ne gotiate here. 6.
SUPERHARD is unbeaten and liked the way he hit the line to win at Sandown last star t. Gave the second horse a decent star t
300m mark but reeled him to win well. Gets the run of the race here and will go close. There is one at odds who can improve in the shape of 11. ARC
TIC ANGEL . This is the easiest assignment she’s had to face in a long while. This trip is probably as far as she wants. Will be leading and can take running down. 1. BANDIPUR (very honest) and 12.
COUNTERPLAY nice win in Adelaide last star t) rate highly.
3. DUKE OF BRUNSWICK gets his chance here. This is his track and distance, where he has won twice placed three times in six tries at the Caulfield 1400m. The last time he was here at this trip he won easily and the previous occasion beaten nar rowly by Grande Rosso in Listed g rade and beat home Humidor. Chased home hard behind Ability in G3 at Sandown and then got too far out of his g round a forgive run the Valley behind Here To There. Given a month off, drawn well and takes plenty of beating here. 2. SO SI BON produced amazing sectionals when second to Voodoo Lad here two runs back and then was probably ridden a little too close when not finishing off last week behind Redkirk War rior. Always appealed as a 1400m horse and will be stor ming home. 1. HE OR SHE is the class suited after claim. Is twice a second-up winner and goes all right at this track. 6.
REVOLVING DOOR will be on pace throughout and is fighting fit. Expect improvement form 9. SIRCCONI .
Impossible to go past 3. BRAVE SMASH. He will be very short in betting but winning. Probably ridden a little too close to the pace last star t but still proved too good for El Divino at the Valley. His previous t over this course and distance was a fast-finishing second to the boom sprinter Ve ga Magic. He does get up to 57kg here but still drawn to the nice run off the speed. Simply looks better than these. 1. KEEN ARRAY is unbeaten at this course and distance from three tries. The last time he was here at this trip he won in Listed g rade with 59.5kg, beating the likes of Illustrious Lad and Clearly Innocent. His last two Valley runs have been first rate is a genuine danger.
6. EL DIVINO (could be finally getting back to his best) and 8.
ROYAL TUDOR (a little underestimated) will be prominent.
The bar rier has swayed me to 2.
TALLY in what is possibly the hardest race of the day. With gun inside draw, can see Tally sitting off the pace conserving energ y and then unleashing in the run home. Did well last star t when he finished hard from well back for four th to Hell Or Highwater over the 1700m here. Produced the best last 200m sectional of the race and only missed second prize by a long neck. At his top now and this trip ideal. I’ve got no doubt
9. AMELIE’S STAR should have just about won at F lemington last weekend. Was held up all the way down the straight to finish less than three lengths off Hardham. Her closing 200m split was the same recorded by Humidor earlier in the day. Is right at her peak now and will go close. 10. ABBEY
MARIE was superb in chasing home Bonneval at Moonee Valley last star t and is also right at her top now. At her very best on firm surfaces. 6. STAMPEDE (brilliant winner on resuming), 3. BIG
DUKE (eye-catching runs at last two) and 3. ARTICUS (ready to improve) are also strong chances.
Have to give 5. FUHRYK another chance here. Resumed and was desperately unlucky when beaten only two lengths in seventh place behind Savanna Amour here three weeks ago. Had all sor ts of trouble getting clear galloping room for the majority of the straight. Don’t forget she has a superb record at this trip with five wins from eight tries and also won her only other second-up appearance. Already a dual G3 winner, perfectly suited at this weight scale and drawn to get all the favours. Hard to go past. 7. MISS ROCK should relish the 1200m now. Don’t forget the last time she was at this trip she was beaten less than a length by Ve ga Magic in the Goodwood at Morphettville. Beat Heatherly at the Valley on resuming and not disg raced at the same track behind Russian Revolution a for tnight ago. 3. SAVANNA AMOUR was very impressive winning here three weeks ago and again well suited under the set weights. Bound to be hard to beat ag ain.
12. NOW OR LATER (resuming but has plenty of ability) and 6.
RAVI (strong Sydney winner last star t) are other chances.
Like 7. MERRIEST here. Has won two of three second-up tries and invariably races well at this course. Had to track wide into the straight when beaten less than three lengths by Fragonard at Moonee Valley a month ago. She won over 1100m here second-up last campaign. Meets Fragonard infinitely better at the weights after the claim brings her under the limit here. Strong chance.
1. ROCKET COMMANDER is helped with the claim and this is her easiest assignment for a while. Solid in chasing home Washington Heights at Randwick last star t. The last time she was at this course and distance ran a cracking fourth to Hooked in G3 g rade. 9. PRINCESS OF
QUEENS sat on the pace and fought on well behind Ore gon’s Day here. Looks ready for the 1400m. 6. FRAGONARD (going well) and 11. PETITION (an improver) are other hopes.
Duke Of Brunswick