The Weekend Australian - Review
1. South Australia (50.7 degrees Celsius in Oodnadatta)
4. Violet Crumble
5. Singapore and Malaysia
6. Leaning Tower of Pisa (in 1173)
7. The Untouchables (Eliot Ness), JFK (Jim Garrison) and Wyatt Earp
8. HMS Supply and HMS Sirius
9. Mark Philippoussis (Wimbledon)
11. Jo Jo Zep (and the Falcons) and The Black Sorrows
12. Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Wyoming
15. Midnight Sun
18. Have You Been Paying Attention?
20. Roger Bannister (England) and John Landy (Australia)
21. The Hurt Locker
(2009) and Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
23. United Kingdom (about 300,000 less than France)
24. Moving Pictures (1982) and Shannon Noll (2004)
25. Four (Jupiter, Neptune, Saturn and Uranus)
In which state or territory in 1960 was the highest recorded temperature in Australia?
What board game was banned in Cuba by Fidel Castro in 1959?
What mythical creature is featured in the zodiac sign for Sagittarius?
Which iconic chocolate bar was sold by Nestle to South Australian company Robern Menz in 2018?
What two countries are separated by Straits of Johore?
What was built first: Leaning Tower of Pisa, Machu Picchu or Taj Mahal?
In which three films between 1987 and 1994 did Kevin Costner play a historical law enforcement figure?
Which two ships in the First Fleet were Royal Navy vessels and carried the HMS prefix?
Which Australian did Roger Federer defeat to win his first grand slam single title in 2003?
What family of birds are the
Readers are invited each week to contact illustrator Eric Lobbecke with ideas and suggestions for an illustration on a prescribed theme. Lobbecke will select comments and create around them an artwork to be published every Saturday.
Watch the artwork come to life at theaustralian.com.au/workinprogress
NEXT WEEK’S THEME: SYDNEY 2000 OLYMPICS
Contact Eric Lobbecke at email@example.com or on Twitter @hthtdraws. Entries close the Wednesday before publication.
Scan this code with your smartphone to follow the evolution of the artwork online