Van park fuse­box fire

Townsville Bulletin - - Front Page -

ABLUE­WA­TER car­a­van park was evac­u­ated af­ter a fuse box caught fire yes­ter­day af­ter­noon.

A Queens­land Fire and Res­cue Ser­vice spokes­woman said the triple 0 caller had ini­tially re­ported that the re­cep­tion house was on fire.

How­ever, she said, a res­i­dent had found a fuse box alight, and had ex­tin­guished it with a dry chem­i­cal fire ex­tin­guisher be­fore fire crews ar­rived about 2.20pm.

The house was not dam­aged.

Er­gon En­ergy crews as­sessed the scene be­fore leav­ing the re­pairs to a private elec­tri­cian.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.