Fridge forces evac­u­a­tion

Townsville Bulletin - - News -

PA­TIENTS and staff at the Ing­ham Hos­pi­tal were evac­u­ated overnight fol­low­ing a fire on the premises. Fire­fight­ers and po­lice were called to the scene shortly af­ter 7pm af­ter pa­tients com­plained to staff of a burn­ing smell. Smoke then be­gan pour­ing into the hos­pi­tal. Of­fi­cers evac­u­ated ev­ery­one for more than two hours while they tried to find the fire’s ori­gin. Fire­fight­ers combed the build­ing for some time be­fore find­ing the source. A fire ser­vice spokesman said a fault with an old fridge had been found to be the cause. He said the small fire was con­tained to one room and there were no in­juries or dam­age to any peo­ple or ma­te­rial in the hos­pi­tal.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.