CHINO TROUSERS

Urban Cyclist - - Gear Tested -

Dura­bil­ity is the name of the game with this pair of bike-spe­cific trousers, their bul­let­proof foun­da­tions de­riv­ing from 98% cot­ton. The other 2% is Elas­tane, which adds a de­gree of stretch – needed for the pedalling motion. They’re slim fit, al­beit ours didn’t ta­per as flu­idly as we’d have liked from knee to shoe, but the stand­out fea­ture – po­ten­tially for the wrong rea­sons – is the dou­ble-lay­ered di­a­mond gus­set. There’s no doubt it ups the dura­bil­ity stakes but it’s the ven­ti­la­tion that we have a prob­lem with, those four holes a touch too vis­i­ble at café stops. Foffa has ap­plied a wa­ter­proof re­pel­lent but, from ex­pe­ri­ence, this will need reg­u­lar top­ping up. Fi­nally, a re­flec­tive logo of­fers a de­gree of safety.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.