Gas alarm de­tects car­bon monox­ide, fam­ily evac­u­ates

Wangaratta Chronicle - - News -

A SOUTH Wan­garatta fam­ily was saved from se­ri­ous in­jury or worse af­ter the car­bon monox­ide alarm in their home went off in the early hours of yes­ter­day morn­ing.

Wan­garatta Fire Bridge was called to the home at 1.20am Sun­day morn­ing in re­sponse to the alarm.

“On ar­rival we used a gas mon­i­tor and de­tected the car­bon monox­ide lev­els in the house,” Wan­garatta sta­tion of­fi­cer Gra­ham Mathey told the Wan­garatta Chron­i­cle.

“The cause of the gas is un­known.

“We ven­ti­lated the struc­ture and the fam­ily was taken to hospi­tal for pre­cau­tion­ary rea­sons.

“The alarm works on the same prin­ci­ple as a smoke alarm and did a re­ally good job.

“Buy­ing that car­bon monox­ide alarm was a good in­vest­ment.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.