TEST YOUR GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
1. Which Australian supermodel was born on Easter Sunday, 1964?
2. Which international multi-sport event begins on the Gold Coast next week?
3. Which weapon is usually depicted on the king of diamonds playing card (a) axe (b) sword (c) spear?
4. Name the three leap years of the 1980s. 5. Does the Torrens River flow into Spencer Gulf or Gulf St Vincent?
6. The triangle musical instrument usually has the shape of which triangle?
7. Golf star Lydia Ko represents which country?
8. What is the three-letter term for a reddish-brown horse with a black mane?
9. Who played Bobby Riggs in the 2017 movie Battle of the Sexes?
10. In 1821, American Captain John Davis reputedly became the first person to set foot on which continent?
11. Which two Pacific island countries beat New Zealand in the 2017 Rugby League World Cup?
12. The third most populous country is (a) Brazil (b) Indonesia (c) United States?
13. Is tennis star Jo-Wilfried Tsonga French or South African?
14. Remembrance Day is commemorated in which month?
15. Laszlo Biro, who patented the first commercially successful ballpoint pen, was (a) Hungarian (b) Romanian (c) Scottish?
16. Yatpool is in which Australian state/territory?
17. Name the giant kangaroo featured at the opening ceremony in the Brisbane 1982 Commonwealth Games.
18. “Promise me, son not to do the thing I’ve done. Walk away from trouble if you can,” are lyrics from which song?
19. What is the term for a plant which lives for more than two years?
20. Name the three most populous continents.
21. The delta of the Orinoco River is in which South American country?
22. In the 1990 movie Goodfellas, which airline was targeted in a heist at JFK Airport?
23. Which song was the largest selling single in Australia by an Australian in the 1960s?
24. In which 1959 Robert Bloch thriller novel were mother and son named Norma and Norman?
25. What is the term for the scientific method of dating tree rings?