Weekend Gold Coast Bulletin - - CLASSIFIEDS -

You can re­quest an ad­di­tional pe­riod of un­paid parental leave af­ter tak­ing your full en­ti­tle­ment of 12 months. This is done with a writ­ten re­quest to your boss in­clud­ing the spe­cific leave dates at least four weeks be­fore the end of the orig­i­nal leave. SOURCE: FAIR WORK OM­BUDS­MAN • Rhian Allen knows what it is like to com­bine par­ent­hood with ca­reer am­bi­tion so she helps her own em­ploy­ees to do the same. Allen, who has two sons aged six and four, had a 12-year cor­po­rate ca­reer be­fore be­com­ing preg­nant and de­cid­ing she needed a ca­reer change. “I did a lot of re­search and re­alised there wasn’t re­ally any­thing that ex­isted to help mums so I sold my house, quit my job and launched The Healthy Mummy in 2010 when I was eight months’ preg­nant,” she says. The Healthy Mummy now em­ploys about 150 peo­ple, in­clud­ing many women and mothers.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.