Recreation centre lost $2m, council told
LORDS recreation centre has lost $2 million in the year since the gym reopened after closing for asbestos removal, according to Councillor Lynley Hewett.
“The trend is not upwards, it is not flat, it is down,” she said at a council meeting last month.
“Huge numbers of members got their refund and never came back. We lost a lot of members and it is struggling.
“We should look at running the place differently.”
City of Subiaco recreation services manager Cheyne Cameron said the City had a number of incentives to entice people back to the centre, including a promotion to buy three months membership and get three months free.
“Our sport season numbers are increasing,” he said. “It is trending in the right direction.”
The council voted unanimously to receive Lords’ operational performance for April-June 2015 and the June 2014-June 2015 financial year.
Climbers Katie Stone and Alecia-Jane Twigger will be climbing 1042 steps for cancer on Sunday.