FROM SOCIAL MEDIA
Premier Colin Barnett says he is “amused” by the City of Subiaco and WA Football Commission making plans for the future of Subiaco Oval, when the decision is ultimately in the State Government’s hands. Well, he who laughs first does not always laugh last.
- Linda Rogers At which point do we call for the City of Subiaco Council to be removed for being totally inept? - Matt Holmes The facts are Subiaco council has a Vesting Order with the Governor of Western Australia for Subiaco Oval and a 99-year lease agreement with the WA Football Commission. Let’s see if the Premier can tear up those contracts and ignore Subiaco council.
- Julie Matheson Subiaco council has been inept for many years. As a ratepayer, Cr Julie Matheson, I’m entitled to say so.
- Sharon Wade The WA Local Government Association is disappointed it was not involved in a State Government decision about council registers for gifts and travel. Surely nobody is still naive enough to believe that the people we elect to government have any intention of representing our best interests. They’re generally in it to line their own pockets with outrageous remuneration, expenses and perks ......and will happily snap up any little extra offered by anyone who wants to circumvent voters’ wishes. The concept of being elected to serve the community is long dead... our pollies are only interested in their own advancement with little regard for the interest of the wider community.
- Bob Smith Perth’s first cat cafe might be coming to Subiaco’s Rokeby Road. Purrthetic. How can councils be taken seriously about food sanitation if they allow animals in cafés? What next? Dog’s breakfast?
- Uncle Buck Yes! Yes a thousand times! - Beata Keleti We have to go! - Ann Johnsen