FIRE DE­STROYS WED­DING DRESSES

Western Suburbs Weekly - - Front Page - By CAITLIN TILLER

HOB Nob owner Irene Davies says she feels lucky de­spite smoke dam­age from a fire caus­ing about $300,000 dam­age to her bridal shop in High­gate early yes­ter­day morn­ing.

Po­lice be­lieve a wheelie bin was set alight at the back of the premises be­fore 12.25am yes­ter­day morn­ing, caus­ing up to $50,000 dam­age to the build­ing.

A po­lice spokes­woman said the fire was con­sid­ered sus­pi­cious and the Ar­son Squad was in­ves­ti­gat­ing.

West Perth res­i­dent Mrs Davies said po­lice called her at 12.30am.

“When they told me it was $600,000, I vi­su­alised most of the shop was gone, but as long as my brides’ dresses are safe, that’s all I thought about.”

“It’s dread­ful – I would have been a mess if we’d lost cus­tomers’ dresses.”

Hob Nob, which has been in Beau­fort Street for nine years, did not have elec­tric­ity by mid-morn­ing yes­ter­day.

Mrs Davies said she lost 10 new dresses worth $10,000 in to­tal, which she was keep­ing as “emer­gency” gowns.

Pic­tures: Caitlin Tiller

Hob Nob owner Irene Davies is re­lieved that cus­tomers’ gowns did not go up in smoke.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.